Christian Science teaches that God is unchanging Love & the ultimate power of good in our lives and the world. From this basis it teaches that man in God’s likeness is good & loved as His child- as Jesus Christ taught. It thus explains the Science or spiritual laws that enabled Jesus to heal, and answers questions about evil and spiritual reality too.
Mary Baker Eddy
The Christian Science Church was Discovered and Founded by Mary Baker Eddy following a remarkable healing in 1866, her purpose being to “Organize a Church designed to commemorate the words and works of the Master (Christ Jesus) which should reinstate primitive Christianity together with it’s lost element of healing”.(1) Since then the Church has spread worldwide with Testimonies of healing from all over the globe.(1) Science & Health pp 496-497
Tenets of Christian Science
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
For more information please visit www.christianscience.com